Learn and practice English.
A company called Froogle, is organising a conference in London. During the break, all the people attending the conference have the chance to meet up to get to know each other. Take a look at the conversation below the photograph and see if you can find the six deliberate mistakes. Post your answers in the comments below.
- Paco: Hello Alison! I’m so pleased to see you again.
- Alison: Hi Paco. I didn’t know you were attending this conference. How are you?
- Paco: Thanks, fine. And you?
- Alison: I’m OK. Is Jose, here too?
- Paco: No, he can’t make it this time.
- Alison: Never mind. Ah look, here’s Ali. Hi there. Do you both know each other? Paco – this is Ali Akram. He’s from Casablanca.
- Paco: Hello. Pleased to meet you.
- Ali: I’m please to meet you too. Have you been to here long?
- Paco: No. I’ve only been here for about an hour. What about you?
- Ali: I came early today morning…. and this is Fatima. She works with me in Casablanca. I’m sorry what you did say your name was?
- Paco: I’m Paco, from Madrid. Pleased to meet you. Paul, is speaking next. Have you had a chance to meet him yet?
- Fatima: No, not yet. I have heard a lot about him.
- Paco: Well, can I introduce you to him? I can see him just over there.
- Paco: Er….Paul. Can I introduce you to Fatima?
- Paul: Hello Fatima. How are you? I think I saw you give a presentation a couple of years ago. Please to actually meet you. Do you like something to drink?
- Fatima: Thank You. A tomato juice please.