When you are selling your products over the telephone or dealing with sales calls, you usually need to write down any information given to you.
In the following exercise match the correct situations (1-9) with the expressions (A-I) used in the pictures.
1. A customer phones you with an order which you’d like in a letter too. What do you ask?
2. What do you say when you’re ready to take the information?
3. You’d like some details by fax. What do you ask?
4. When you’ve finished, you want to check that it’s correct. What do you say?
5. The caller gives you his/her address but you don’t know how to write it. What do you ask?
6. You’ve been given some information and want to write down the details now. What do you ask?
7. A company has asked you to send a document. Ask who it should go to.
8. Someone wants to dictate something to you but you haven’t got anything to write with. What do you say?
9. You’ve asked for information about English courses and would like to know more in writing. What do you ask the secretary